This searchable database
contains over 3,800 proven solutions from more than 140 countries
to the common social, economic and environmental problems of an
urbanizing world. It demonstrates the practical ways in which public,
private and civil society sectors are working together to improve
governance, eradicate poverty, provide access to shelter, land and
basic services, protect the environment and support economic development.
The database is a powerful tool for:
• Analyzing current trends and emerging
• Networking with the people and organisations involved in
• Capacity-building including new knowledge management tools
• Technical Cooperation through the matching of supply with
demand for proven expertise and experience.
• Policy development based on what works.
For more information on how best practices can help your community,
please visit the Learning Centre.
submissions and updates from
more than 68 countries and territories were received and reviewed.
UN-HABITAT and Dubai Municipality invite you to submit your initiatives
for the 2010 Dubai International Award for Best Practices in Improving
the Living Environment and for inclusion in the next edition of
The Best Practices database is a joint product of UN-HABITAT, and
the Best Practices Partners.